The Newly Weds

Landon and Kristi met in Febuary of 2011. Within a month of dating they knew they wanted a future with each other. They were married on July 20, 2011. Upon meeting each other they wondered if fairy tales really do come true? Their story is a modern day fairy tale of two people who gave up looking for their happily ever after and though its a lot later in life for both of them, a miracle happened and the two of them met, fell in love and....and are working on the happily ever after part.

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Proclamation

It would be wrong of me to keep this to myself. I must share it. When I went to BYU, I used a textbook called Strengthening Our Families. It took the Proclamation to the Family and divided it up into section in which they added Doctrine and Published Essays to it. It is really big.

As a student I cherished this textbook and read certain parts over and over again. Now that I am married so many new and exciting things stand out to me now. I feel that I understand things so differently than I did before. I have been reading this book for a week now and am getting deeper into and loving it more each day I read, study and ponder on it.



If you don't have one, I would suggest it to anyone! The information is spiritual from our leaders as well as scholarly from those who are not within the LDS faith. The scholars speak on trends of the world and the digression of families in this day in age. It is very interesting, thought provoking and has really built me up and given me a new sense of fight. A fight to have a stronger marriage, close and open family and a God centered home.

No comments:

Post a Comment