The Newly Weds

Landon and Kristi met in Febuary of 2011. Within a month of dating they knew they wanted a future with each other. They were married on July 20, 2011. Upon meeting each other they wondered if fairy tales really do come true? Their story is a modern day fairy tale of two people who gave up looking for their happily ever after and though its a lot later in life for both of them, a miracle happened and the two of them met, fell in love and....and are working on the happily ever after part.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Change of Plans

Landon and I have spent our time getting ready for labor by learning what is called HypnoBirthing. Because I had a mini stroke in January we had to rule out a home birth. So, we decided to stay with our Doctor, Doctor Cloward, who worked with us through out the nine months and supported us with preparing for a Hypnobirth. We attended a class, read the book and practiced at home. We made our Birth preferences and looked to see how we could most naturally bring our baby into the world without medicine and other things that may not be needed but hospitals do anyway.

At 40 weeks I found out that my thinning and dialating had stopped and that my sweet baby had turned. She was a high breech. My Doctor wanted to order a C-section right away. I was horrified, I thought there must be some way to get her to turn around. On top of that, Landon and I were both sick and we worried about getting her sick if she was born within the hour. So we went and got the Whooping Cough vaccination and then went home and talked about what we should do. We decided to try all the natural remedies we could.

McKenna never turned around.

Eventually we had no other options or choices. We woke up early Tuesday morning July 31st and went to the hospital. There in the hosptial, the staff, my doctor, my parents and landon and I all talked about what needed to happen next.  I was wanting to try to deliver her breech. I vaginal birth was so important to me. Unfortunately, it was not an option for me. The Doctor thought that it would put my life in too much danger and as a result would then put my baby in danger. As soon as I heard that my baby could be in danger... I gave in.

I had to have a C-Section.

No comments:

Post a Comment