The Newly Weds

Landon and Kristi met in Febuary of 2011. Within a month of dating they knew they wanted a future with each other. They were married on July 20, 2011. Upon meeting each other they wondered if fairy tales really do come true? Their story is a modern day fairy tale of two people who gave up looking for their happily ever after and though its a lot later in life for both of them, a miracle happened and the two of them met, fell in love and....and are working on the happily ever after part.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Shopping with the GIRLS

So, Landons sister and cousin had babies a few months after we had McKenna. It has been a lot of fun to all be prego and now all learning how to be moms. Since the cousins were born we haven't been able to spend too much time together. Holly works full time and I work part time so it has made it hard to work something out for all three of us. Well because today was Presidents Day, Holly had the day off so we were all able to get together.

We met at Carters Babystore. Now, if you have read any previous blogs you know that baby stores are my worst enemy! However I was able to control myself. I only spent what I had on credit there. It was great! Then we went over to Paradise Bakery for lunch. Shalyn and I just pushed out strollers over because its not too far from Carters. I honestly dont remember the last time I actually went inside Paradise Bakery. I get it so much at work meetings that I have never have the desire to go on my own. However, it was so good! I loved it. What was funny though was while we were there Jaren started crying and then once he stopped then Gunner started and then once he stopped then McKenna started. lol

After lunch we went to the Old Navy sale. Even Shalyn who said that she wasn't going to buy anything ended up buying a summer outfit for Jaren. Holly got a bunch of cute things for Gunner and while I was obsessing ocer all the cute girl stuff shalyn had to leave and then holly left and the next thing I knew I was alone.....alone with no one to talk any sense into me and so I bought more than I should have for McKenna. lol Oh well. lol

I really enjoy being with the girls because it gives me so much perspective. We are all so different from each other. For instance:

Holly:
Holly works fulltime and takes Gunner to work with her because the High School that she works at has a childcare program there for babies 6 weeks and up. Holly chose not to breast feed and takes Gunner out of the house frequently. She got rid of her cat for Gunner so he wouldnt get sick and they decorated a cute cute nursery in dinosours.He has always slept in a crib or a bassinet.

Shalyn:
Shalyn is a stay at home Mom and Jaren is a stay at home baby. She doesn't take Jaren out much and they are very careful about who hold him and if their hands are washed. They use cloth diapers and organic sheets. Shalyn breast feeds fulltime. They have a dog and a cat in their apartment. They decorated Jarens room in light colors with a Mickey Mouse theme. They cribbed him at 3months.

Me:
I work part time. When I have to work outside of the home my mom watches McKenna. We do not believe in babysitters other than grandparents....and Shalyn babysat once for us too when McKenna was first born. We are very open with McKenna being held by family members and actually promote it. We want her to be a people person. We kept McKenna inside for the first six weeks except to church and that was just to sacrament. After six weeks we were still careful about taking her out but took her to family events, the store and church. I breastfed for the first four months and now we only bottle feed and table feed. We didn't have animals for the first three months and now have a dog. We use disposable diapers. McKenna started using her crib at 6 months.

What is so funny is that some people from the outside would look at raising a baby only one way. I was worried about understanding that one way and doing it well before I had McKenna. But look at the three of us, we each do it differently and yet all our babies are doing great! Each mom knows best for their baby. I strongly believe that. Parenting is such a privledge! Im grateful that there is no perfect way to do it. Im also so grateful to have Shalyn and Holly to compare notes with, seek advise and just talk with them because they understand. Its such a fun time in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time! We need to do it more often! If we don't head south for spring break we should totally do something again!
    Just a side note... I never had a milk supply that's why we bottle feed...it's not great but not horrible. Formula is ridiculously priced! We signed up for coupons which is nice cause its a huge chunk of change!

    ReplyDelete