The Newly Weds

Landon and Kristi met in Febuary of 2011. Within a month of dating they knew they wanted a future with each other. They were married on July 20, 2011. Upon meeting each other they wondered if fairy tales really do come true? Their story is a modern day fairy tale of two people who gave up looking for their happily ever after and though its a lot later in life for both of them, a miracle happened and the two of them met, fell in love and....and are working on the happily ever after part.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The great comforter

As Landon and I have been seeing a counselor named Lance, he has encouraged me to seek out some difficult memories and work through them so that I can have more healing and closure. Lance has stated many times that the more I process with him, the more I will start to react in defense to the memories. Well, so far so good until Saturday night....
I was frightened, untrusting and emotional. Some of the emotions are too strong for me. I scare myself because I never knew that I carried all of this around with me everyday. It is heavy and it hurts.
Landon wanted so desperately to help me. And this is why I married him ;) Landon being the wonderful person that he is went into the other room and grabbed our DVD of the Churches Special Witnesses of Christ. As soon as he turned it on the voice of President Hinckley calmed me instantly in a miraculous way. The testimonies were so powerful and Landon left them on the remainder of the night and into the morning as we got ready for church.
As a counselor, I truly believe in therapy, however, the Atonement is the only process in which one can be healed completely and become whole once again.I am so grateful for church leaders, family and Friends who take a stand and share their testimony with those around them. I testify that the spirit of God will always be present when we witness of Jesus Christ and the spirit will comfort you, lead you and purify you.
http://lds.org/ensign/2001/04/special-witnesses-of-christ?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. Love this, dear One - so True...
    You are loved,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete